Watch the 2017 Real Estate Forecast
Brought to you by The Wells Group of Durango
*Note – This page will be updated by the morning of March, 23rd 2017 with this year’s video, presentation and synopsis. Please check back in with us!
Get the inside scoop on the Real Estate market trends here in SW Colorado with the 2017 Real Estate Forecast featuring Wells Group brokers John Wells, Jim Wotkyns and real estate appraiser & statistician, Bob Allen.
Through an in-depth yet easily understood presentation, this team of dedicated specialists will lead you through the data and real estate trends observable in Southwestern Colorado for years prior, and also lend some predictions and considerations to take into account for the upcoming season of 2017.
2017 Real Estate Forecast – Video
View the 2017 Slideshow
If you would like more information about the 2017 Wells Group Real Estate Forecast or would like to be involved, please send us a note. We appreciate your input and feedback. And as always, many thanks to everyone who participated in and helped make this year’s event possible!
Looking for last year’s Forecast?
The Wells Group has hosted yet another successful Real Estate Forecast at the Community Concert Hall at Fort Lewis College.
The presentation was filled with an ample amount of insight, and data gathered to follow trends into the upcoming year in Real Estate. A great recap of one of the best years in La Plata County’s real estate record!
The presenters summed up the forecast with the following predictions for 2016:
- Modest growth in residential sales in La Plata County.
- Challenging inventory levels especially for homes In-Town Durango.
- Development challenges with high cost of infrastructure and the high cost of fees, like the Fair Housing Program.
- The impact of the Gold King Spill as reported in the Durango Herald last fall.
- Continued reduction of employment in oil and gas and related fields, and possible concerns regarding this years real estate and forecast.
- Continued strong demand for commercial properties, both for owner/users and for investors searching for a more stable investment and return.
- Community updates on the Animas River, Construction Defect Law, the airport, and Regional Housing.
If you were unable to attend the presentation in person, or if you’d like to view the information again – please check out the video above, or send us a note.